If you have a mobile application for your end-users, then updating your app shouldn’t be news to you by now. It is a vital step towards helping your business grow and develop internally. While it may be quite a challenging undertaking, keeping your applications upgraded indicates competitiveness, a strong drive towards success as well as a consistent desire to always meet customer demands and open your doors to a wider audience.
Why should it be part of a business owner’s top agenda?
People will likely notice whether you value their convenience or not by simply checking if your mobile apps are up-to-date. If they see that you are adamant at staying on par with the changing technological demands of today’s market, it will powerfully translate into a clear measure of relevance and dependability on your end.
Consequently, this boost in your brand’s identity gives you more reasons to send promotions and advertise your services, while systematically helping you revamp other outdated aspects of your strategies for marketing and product development or tweak factors that may be keeping your entire workflow from going smoothly.
What does mobile app updating entail?
Updating your mobile app may include changing designs, updating codes and fixing bugs in your system. You also need to keep your mobile app at the same pace as top mobile app names like iOs and Android. For business owners on the verge of launching or developing an app for their trade, it is highly recommended that they create variations of their app first to produce the best possible version that they envision it to be.
Consider the length of time that the entire upgrading process would take—from the design to the development and programming. Make sure that your manpower matches the number of apps you have available too. Shortage of developers and programmers may be crucial for the further development of your applications.
More importantly, bank on user-friendliness and practicality. These are among the top qualities that customers look for when choosing apps that will help them in their daily endeavors.
Here are additional pointers to help you ensure that your mobile app updates are accomplished efficiently at all times:
- Monthly mobile app updates are applicable for smaller businesses while bigger ventures will need weekly or more frequent upgrading. Striking a balance between small and large-scale updates is also a must before getting started with your mobile app’s release cycle.
- Focus on updates that are easier or those that take less time to complete before planning for a more elaborate and larger upgrading. Since more complex app updates usually take longer to fulfill, try grouping together features that only take about 2 weeks to develop and about a month to go live. You can gather additional manpower or resource as required in order to adequately prepare your business for more complex updates that your mobile app may require.
- The first few updates of your app should be focused on fixing bugs to continuously boost your app. Once you’ve gone past the first few hurdles of updating your app, expect feedback from clients based on their first-hand experience with your app. This increase in client engagement will leave more lasting impressions on prospective customers and business partners.
- Developing mobile applications should be compatible with what your target market demands. As such, you need to base your next upgrades on the comments and reviews that you receive. Customer feedback is one of the most reliable references of enhancing your app’s features and continuously improving the lives of your end-users.
- Get the right people for the job—whether it be the product manager, developer, programmer or quality assurance personnel. Otherwise, when unqualified individuals are hired to perform such complex duties, your app and your business are doomed to hit rock bottom.