The ability to assimilate technological advancement into your services means increasing your credibility, relevance, and efficiency. Once you start dedicating time to make your services more in sync with today’s technological demands, it will be a continuous process that does not just stop after the initial bout of success. At the same time, prepping your business for mobile advancement allows you to match your customers’ pacing while potentially unlocking opportunities for additional revenue.
Customers dictate a huge chunk of the hi-tech route for businesses
Small businesses are on the rise – thanks to the drastic increase in talented app developers and app software crafted mainly to boost customer support, sales percentage and competitiveness of small-scale trades.
In recent surveys, the number of mobile users has been found to have topped that of subscribers availing services through their desktop computers. Last year, Google coined the term “Supershoppers”, which pertains to modern-day consumers. Unlike normal buyers, supershoppers go beyond the usual constraints of what a customer does. They are always highly knowledgeable with all the latest brands, greatest deals, sales, and must-have products whether through online or offline shopping. As more and more shoppers contribute active participation in industrial growth, more versatile and functional gadgets are needed to fit different client lifestyles.
Since apps are no longer designed for smartphones alone, much anticipation should be focused on the following innovations:
- AI intelligence in the form of chatbots or virtual personal assistants designed to interact with and entertain customer queries. Chatbots may also be responsible for helping clients find certain products or branch locations, accept mobile payments and send notifications for shipping and delivery of purchased items.
- Location-based data for users seeking shops and restaurants that usually depend on “near me” or location-based search results
- More cloud-based devices for end-users to store files online and access them easily as needed
- The continuous and extensive integration of augmented reality into businesses, where much emphasis will be given to enabling hands-free viewing of technological blueprints along with better visualization of user’s interactive behavior through different gadgets and applications.
- Smart cars and wearable technology depicting a boost in the flexibility of personal gadgets to perform work-related demands and functioning
What’s in store for some of the most renowned brands and tech providers?
It’s only been over 30 days since 2017 took over our calendars, and tech giants like Google and
Microsoft (not to mention Samsung’s suspenseful announcement for its upcoming press conference) have instilled into our minds to expect nothing less from their services this year. Here’s a sneak-peek on what to look forward to from some of our favorite tech brands:
- Many observed that Apple has been too conventional. It will continue to emerge and produce updates on iPhone iOS, MacOS, tvOS and watchOS on its usual schedule. An upgrade for the Apple TV which may include additional features for Virtual Reality is possible.
- Bluetooth 5 dominates connectivity for all your Bluetooth-enabled gadgets. Among its additional enhancements include data-sharing features and signals that reach past solid partitions. Bluetooth 5 is also said to work in partnership with more premium devices.
- Google will continue to focus on mobile services and it is also expected to release Android 8’s newest version (otherwise known by its code name, Android O). In addition, further development of some hardware such as Chromecast, Google Home and Pixel phones along with raised prices for services made available via Firebase are among Google’s 2017 agenda.
- Good news for all Microsoft fans, because it will continue to move forward with improvised features on Azure and Office 365. Like Google, Microsoft sets its eyes on cloud and the mobile market.
All the upcoming technological trends listed above may just be a preview of many more jaw-dropping surprises in the months to come.
As we keep our eyes peeled for more innovations, we’d love to know what your expectations are for 2017! Let us know in the comments section below.